Tuesday, June 11, 2019

For Mary

Instagram said my msg was too long so I am going old school and posting this on my blog.....
this not is specifically for Mary.... but if you aren’t her Go ahead and take a look....  LOL

Catching up
Hello,
20 years.... I am trying to remember who I was 20 years ago just so I have a shot at catching up.... I guess I changed, as I imagine you have, but I also feel like nothing significant is different. I am probably wrong. 
Over the years I looked up your work a few times...  I like to watch the progression of a persons work.... you seem to have developed (further) a nuanced way of expressing the fluid and the beautiful things in life. Your flowers  are wonderful but I think I am most drawn to your portraiture..... I can’t point out any specific piece .... but I remember thinking that your work seemed very genuinely dedicated to shortening the gap between observation and expression. :) you have a flair for showcasing the life in your subjects.

I am glad to hear that all is well and that you made a smart kid LOL.... although I have to admit that it seems stunning and a little abstract for me..... emotionally I didn’t know you could make an adult human in that amount of time. 
Me.... My work..... ???? I spiraled out in a weird way. Last time we spoke I was a young artist not too far out of college who had all these principals and did shitty retail work to pay rent.... then somewhere in the 20 year gap I transformed a few times .... at my lowest point I WAS a 3rd shift factory worker that scribbled a little when she felt her identity oozing away.... 
I broke in a couple of significant ways .... rebuilt.... was ground down .... limped along....... and then anger and spite and arrogance snapped me back in shape (a useful trio) .... at little at least. My work is a lot different than it was .... I’m not who I would have been had I maintained a constant flow of dedication and commitment to my work..... but It’s ok .... I stopped giving a fuck about my artistic identity when I quit my job a few years ago. :) So see it is a happy story.... If you feel like it check my stuff out on DeviantArt... I dumped most of it there after blogspot got a little weird with nudity... but now DA is getting uptight as well.... so that’s why I am trying out instagram...... but what the fuck is up with the square thing ..... I kinda hate it so far...... but I had a chance to reconnect with you so it was worth it. :) 
Do you have a place to look at a large body of your work? 

I better go ..... this is probably too long for instagram :)
Love from Milwaukee xxxoooxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment