Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Dead Crow

(Am I proud?... am I  ashamed of myself as I write this?... Sure.)

Joe came in and told me there was a large dead crow on the lawn. I wanted to go outside and draw it, ..... that was my first reaction.
 I regret now that I didn't.
It strikes me that I didn't feel pity until later, and even then I kept thinking of the opportunity not the sadness of the situation.
I kind of feel like a monster.
Joe told me when he disposed of it it was heavy .... he mentioned it's feet being huge..... that it was much different than when he threw away the sparrow that flew into our window.

I should have taken a close look at those feet.

I ended up searching for taxidermy and raven on Ebay. They are more expensive than I thought they would be.... but there was a skull that wasn't so bad.

I did an internship at the Milwaukee Public Museum  when I was in college (.... it was awesome.... )
They asked us to bring in any dead animals we found.  On the roof of the museum  there was a beetle enclosure.... to pick the bones clean.... I have wanted one of those ever since.....
:)   but I also know that I am not responsible enough for that .... they would escape and wind up in my kitchen or chewing my foot off or something.





No comments:

Post a Comment