Tuesday, August 9, 2016

I just let her sleep


There are 3 things (maybe more) coming together on this .. my concepts usually flow in and out and around  but right now I feel like a few things are fighting.
#1 - 2 figures one sleeping comfortably the other awake and full of concerns the other is oblivious to .
#2- A dream I had a while ago that I was reminded of the other day.... the only element I took from the dream was the wriggling bed of tendrils .... even though what I sculpted isn't really like the dream .... but I am OK with going away from the source.
#3- the thought/ sentence that played itself over in my head while sculpting (related to idea #1) ... It was all ready too late, so I just let her sleep. 

This has been very frustrating... I know I say that often but there are just certain pieces I  work on and become less satisfied with as I go forward...

monkey head


 
Up to this point it was easy .... but I didn't feel like it was much of anything either .... I could have been satisfied with this , or something simpler .... I just wasn't .... so I let it sit unfinished for months...
I decided it didn't mean much to me so I should just go for it and DO something.... I added the squigglies.... and used light and dark fimo so there would be different depths when painted ..... 
This is the second version I tried black first.... I like how the red looked but I didn't like the narrative ... seemed like they were gutted ....



Still not done .... but so sick of it I don't want to touch it anymore.... Do  I run with this and go for a weed look? or ... ?!?!?



No comments:

Post a Comment